Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Now this is a feeling I wasn't prepared for...

So as you may know, I am working with a church in Virginia as their children's and middle school pastor. I talked with my boss-man (he hates when I call him that since we're really partners in crime/ministry) about helping out with high schoolers way back when we were just talking about me coming on board at Trinity; well recently I found out that I will in fact be working with HSers in a big way. This is awesome! Right...? Here's what I wasn't prepared for: I don't want to have the HSers from Sugar Hill replaced in my life...I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's my initial reaction.

That group (I won't name a single name because I will surely leave someone off and thus get myself into trouble) was and IS so special to me that I worry that another group wouldn't know who they are following...I know God has me here to minister to this crew, and I'm excited about getting to know new folks, but I hope and pray that I will open up and be the kind of person they need me to be. And, because I know God has me here, I WILL fulfill whatever these folks need.

Just needed to share that.

much love
Wayne
James 1:22

2 comments:

JB said...

I agree, it is a weird feeling! Hang in there. It won't pass, but you'll be amazed at how it stretches and grows you. Love you, bro. Praying for you!

Jan Patterson said...

Speaking of feelings I wasn't prepared for, my son is getting married! Want to talk about a gamut of emotions?