Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Big fan of people

So I know there are a lot of mean folks out there, I really do.  I've seen people be mean to each other and it makes me pretty pissed off.  It probably brings about a similar emotion in you.  But, you know, I've run into a lot of nice people as well.  Today, while walking around Town Center and I just ran into a lot of nice people, and that made me very happy.  I hope those people know Jesus, but if they don't, I sure am convicted that they were nicer than I usually am...

Maybe the next time you have a chance to thank someone for doing something nice, you should. Maybe you should thank someone when you see them doing something nice for someone else. Just sayin'.

Totally unrelated: I saw Expelled on Saturday.  I really, really liked it.  A couple of thoughts:
- It is a movie about opening the conversation about Intelligent Design.  If you didn't like it, that's completely fair, but remember: it's about opening the conversation - just giving a fair shake to another theory
- Intelligent Design and creationism are not one in the same.  Creationism may be the scientific explanation you ascribe to, but don't go into this movie looking for bullets for your gun.  At the end of the day, you're still supposed to be salt and light to the world with love and truth and grace - you don't need any bullets for that
- You should really see this movie because it's fun and reasonably fair and is a fantastic talking point with friends.  Just be sure to honor Jesus and be nice..

Love
Wayne

No comments: