Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Trinity is amazing

I love my church.  I really, really love my church.  I don't know how you feel about your church, but I pray that you love your church as I love mine.  But, more importantly, I hope you love Jesus a whole lot, and that you would be a part of the community He calls you too - completely, without back biting, griping, gossiping, complaining.  If Scripture is being violated, then yes, by all means, cause a ruckus.  But if you just aren't getting your way, shut it up.  

Some reasons I love my church (Trinity Church):
- Our leaders are crazy humble.  None of the elders are pushing their own agenda or jockeying for power or trying to get everyone to rally around their own little pet project.  Not sure if you've read Philippians 2:1-11 recently, but I see that lived out here at Trinity
- Prayer is in and over all we do.  I love that the folks at Trinity are prayer warriors.  Not cheesy prayer warriors, but folks who know that: 1) we are dependent on God to do His work and/but 2) He has called us to get things done
- We are pretty snotty about sticking to Scripture.  If it's neat or fun or gimmicky but not biblical, booooo
- It's simple.  This is not a high production church - and I freaking love it.  Our band practices for a couple of hours on Wednesday or Thursday night and are very talented and work very hard, but we don't put a premium on production.. Preach the Word, seek the Lord, worship authentically.. boom.

Love
Wayne

1 comment:

Trevor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.