Monday, January 12, 2009

Warming back up

After a 3 week hiatus, I'm back in action: 3 posts by Sunday is the goal. Yea, I know, I'm pretty excited too.

As soon as you possibly can, go read Isaiah 58 (you can click here for the NIV version via biblegateway.com). It is incredible and convicting and awesome and I'm glad that God calls me out as a hypocrite - boy 'o boy do I need that. If you're feeling extra adventurous, read it in the NLT version.

Thoughts?

Not sure if you're fan of Jon Foreman, but you should be. He wrote 4 EP's last year coinciding with the seasons and they are incredible (you can check him out here); a song of his, "Instead of a Show" is based on Isaiah 58 and hurts in my heart every time I hear it.

In ministry, is there a point where you're doing enough? I don't think so - I DO think I need time away from my kids, my church, my life of doing ministry (and thanks to the Coates' for helping me make that happen), but I can't shake the thought that there's more I could and should be doing.

Much love
Wayne
James 1:22

1 comment:

pat gillen said...

Have you heard of Fiction Family yet?