Friday, January 30, 2009

Two parts, both stupid long

Today I'm going to write about some things I love. Tomorrow, some things that concern me.

I love:

- Jesus. I get teary eyed just thinking of Him...I love Him. I am in love with Him. He SAVED me - set my feet upon solid ground, FREED me from sin, gave me breath to breathe, lavishes love and blessings on me each and every day, well beyond what I could earn or even imagine. You should get to know Him. Seriously.
- My family. I know I love them because I think about them all the time, about how they make me laugh more than any other people in the world. I wish I was near them, but I know we'll be together again someday soon. I still say that my three best attributes are: Jesus, my family and my truck
- My student community. Seriously, I love these people. Here are their names (if you think you do NOT belong in this list or feel like I left you off..just let me know): DanielStevenDavidMichaelAveryTylerNickNickAlexJClayPyleJimmyLarsMajorColtonMarshall
JDHudsonCamChristianLukeLukeFrankieChristianBaumSquadShannonHannahAmandaReagan
MorganMarissaLeighKatieAustynEmilyBrookeMorganChrisStephenKelseyKelseyMeganRiggsy
JacksonBrennanCodyTataBenOwenEvinKellySarahCarolineMollyDrewKyleBenDylanCarson
ArringtonMarkChuckConnorBrendan
- Switchfoot
- The Rocket Summer
- Mr. Joe and Miss Martha..
- Starbucks. But not as much as Land of a 1000 Hills
- Randy Singer books (you should join this if you haven't already)
- Rainy days
- Big dogs
- Scripture
- James 1:22, John 3:30, Provers 19:21, 2 Samuel 23:9, John 14:6, Matthew 6:33...
- Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Crossroads Worldwide
- River Cross Church
- International Justice Mission
- Apple computers
- My crew from Sugar Hill..
- Snow skiing
- Wednesday night small group with middle school dudes. They are insane (literally) but I love them whole bunches
- Matt Orth sermons
- John Piper books and blog posts
- Pete Grieg
- The Braves, the Gators, the Yellow Jackets, the Falcons, the Hawks and anyone playing UGA
- Jason Varitek and John Smoltz
- You, probably
- Natural White Cheddar Cheetos
- Pencils
- Butterfinger Blizzards
- Sleeping really late
- Man vs Wild
- Christ followers who are making culture - not copying it, not taking an original work and tweaking it with a Jesus fish, but really making culture
- Young Life
- Watching a middle/high school student go from a faith that was based on little more than what mom and dad told them, move toward a relationship with Jesus that is very much their own
- Man Tour
- Christmas
- Grandma Konkle
- Jim Bag, Hutch, Ace and the Gator
- The Coates'
- First Colonial's swim team
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Staying up late and eating cereal
- Beards
- Friends, too many to count
- Relevant Magazine
- Cold War Kids, Fiction Family, Mat Kearney, Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie
- More to come...

No comments: