Monday, February 9, 2009

Loss

I don't know why, but God called home a little friend of mine today, Warren Stone. Warren was born just a few days ago, one of twins of Meade and Mary-Elizabeth Stone. They are an amazing couple who I love dearly and who have been great friends for the past year and a half. I can't begin to comprehend their loss, empathize with their pain, or even know any words to comfort or encourage them. I know God has a plan, I just wish I knew what it was - or, rather, I wish He would let Meade and Mary Elizabeth know.. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of this part of my faith at all, that I'm/we're supposed to learn things through tragedy; but I know it's going to be a time when we must lean on the Rock we know is in control, even in this, the worst of times.

He gives and takes away, but my heart will choose to say, blessed be the name of the Lord.

Please pray for the Stones, pray that they will know the Peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7), that they will have opportunities to share their faith in Jesus through this trial, and that John (their other twin) will get better - soon - and will bring joy to a family that needs good news right now.

Much love
Wayne
James 1:22

No comments: