Tuesday, March 4, 2008

First post in months

Wow, a lot has happened since last I posted... I'm not going to review them right here, but know that your prayers have been heard by God and answered in big ways.

On to the good stuff:

- Ministry life is amazing.  God is doing things at Trinity that are far beyond what we have prayed for.  I am blessed to be a part of a fellowship where there is a communal sense of awe - weekly you hear "what is God going to do next??".  We just had our first baptism/child dedication service yesterday and it was a testimony to God's activity in our little fellowship - dads who would never darken the doors of a church there dedicating their children to the Lord, young kids committing their lives to following Jesus, a friend of mine making a public profession of coming back to the God he walked away from back in middle school... It's overwhelming really.
- I have amazing friends up here.  I am part of a small group that I do not have to lead or teach or prepare for.  This sounds like something I should have been part of for years, or should have started, or like that not big of a deal, but my goodness, I couldn't imagine life without it now.  I realized it is the first such small group/Bible study like this for me since I was 20 or 21.  If you don't have something like this, as lovingly as I can say this: get your butt in one.  I know there are some near you, you just have to look.  Even if it's not through your church, find one - and if you get into one and don't like it or aren't really connecting or don't find any benefit, I will personally refund you.  Whatever that means.
- I started coaching baseball and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  I am so grateful to Scott Fowler for allowing me the opportunity to assistant coach at Norfolk Academy for the JO (that's 7th and 8th graders) team.  If you're in the area, let me know and you can come watch us dominate.  I hope.  I'm super competitive so this will test me to make sure I am having fun, win or lose, so the guys will too.

I'd love to hear from any of you if you have a minute - the cell number is still the same (not for much longer though) and email is trinitywayne@gmail.com.  Hope all is well

Much love
Wayne
James 1:22

1 comment:

Marny said...

nrHi there, I have no idea who you are but I stumbled across your blog while reading someone else's. I read some of your most recent posts and was touched by your genuineness and I would like to bless your minsitry and encourage you to keep touching others, especially kids for Christ. God Bless,

Marny Reimer