Thursday, March 6, 2008

Seminary. Books. New services.

What are your thoughts on seminary?  I think I am going to go ahead and start Divinity School at Regent University this fall.  I'm excited because it's a school that is close so I can go be a part of a campus and a classroom where I can see the people - I will definitely still do some on-line courses, but I really like the thought of going to a class with actual people and a for real professor.

I've given a lot of thought and prayer to this whole process, and have thought about going to a school where I more closely agree with the doctrine or theology (Bethel, RTS, DTS, Gordon-Conwell), but Regent is a great University and I will be sure to learn a ton and meet some great people.  

I'm reading a church planting book by Ed Stetzer.  I really like it.  And I like church planting. Our church is talking about how we are going to manage the growth God is blessing us with, and one way is they are letting me explore the prospect of starting a second site for Trinity. That's a lot of fun to just dream and plan and think about, even if it doesn't go anywhere.  

We meet in a baptist church and on the marquee this week, they put the sermon title for the week "Why I Remain Baptist".  For real, a part of my heart died.  God is good and very much in control, but I'm not good at responding to that sort of thing with grace.  Fortunately I have good, godly people around me to keep me from tearing stuff like that down.  

Randy Singer has a book coming out in May called By Reason Of Insanity.  Make sure to get a copy, it is amazing.

Colossians 1:28-29 is awesome.

Wayne

No comments: