Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I love Virginia Beach

It was 73 outside today, not a cloud to be seen, a light breeze.  I went and jogged from my apartment, 4 blocks to the beach and down the boardwalk for a mile or so and back.  It's amazing. It's crazy to compare where I am today and where I was this time last year... I don't like all the things that have happened, and disagree with what some folks have done that affected me and others I care about, but I see how God allowed those things to take place so that He would have me right where he wanted me - in Virginia Beach.

One of my students who I have had some good times with but who has never really seemed to care whether I'm really around or not called me from his mission trip.  That made me super happy.  I got time in with a high school junior on Monday that I haven't ever had time with before.  Today, me and my boy J Clay had some good talks at the Purple Cow, and last night me and Michael set up what looks like a pretty serious and amazing discipleship time (we're going to read through one of Paul's epistles and read Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller).  Praise be to God for all He has done and is doing - but, most importantly, thanks be to God for being God.

Some verses of late: 2 Samuel 24:24, Romans 12:9, Acts 20:28

Wayne

No comments: