Sunday, March 16, 2008

God is good!

Great day at Trinity today:
- Palm Sunday service was very awesome; there were some really neat elements that the team brought together to make the service reflective and somber and reverent and worshipful
- KidsTown was amazing; I seriously had a 3rd grader tell me "so I don't get how God was here before anything else".  I also had "if God loves everyone, then why is there a hell?" by a 4th grader, "why would God let Satan even be around" by a 5th grader?" and "what would the world be like if God didn't sent His son to die for our sins?" by another 3rd grader.  It was an amazing time watching these 8, 9, 10, 11 year olds ask really deep, challenging question.  I had to cancel the game time to allow them more time to ask questions - I just saw an email in my inbox from two of my 4th graders who didn't get to ask their question!  
- Surge (middle school) and 180ยบ (high school) were both amazing.  I love watching these students starting to WANT to be here.  God is very active in Virginia Beach's student population and it's fun to be a part of.

Also - first baseball game of the year for Norfolk Academy's JO (7th/8th graders) is Tuesday! Say a prayer, not that we would win, but that I wouldn't be an overly competitive jerk.  

Much love
Wayne
Acts 20:28

No comments: