Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I wanna open a coffee shop

Anyone with me? The proposal went in 3 weeks ago so I'm excited/curious/anxious to hear what's next. It would be a combo coffee shop/student facility, kind of like Batterson's church - a for real coffee shop with a place for students to just be. I would love to have a place where a high school kid could do their homework, a place I could have middle schoolers come by to play video games, where Meg and our girls had a place to do their study. A place where we could hang on a Friday night after a football game. A home for a 20-somethings service. A way to make an extra batch of food for our homeless friends. Mmmmm..

You have any thoughts?

Much love
Wayne
James 1:22

5 comments:

pat gillen said...

If it's a ministry, it's a great idea -- a business... not so much.

I always wanted to open one, but my dad (the commercial lender) kept me from it. I'd be a little poorer if he hadn't. :)

Wayne-O-Mite said...

Yes, ministry not business. So you green light it? Word

pat gillen said...

haha, don't want to sound like a jerk, but wanted to look out for a brotha!

Wayne-O-Mite said...

Duh, exactly why I asked! You wanna come up and help me run it?

Jan Patterson said...

I think you know how I feel. Love the idea! Maybe when you write up your business plan you could share it with us.

Are you going to actually sell coffee? I think a business as a ministry is not such a bad thing. As long as the bottom line never causes you to compromise the ministry.