Monday, February 9, 2009

Why I can't sleep at night


Mobile Blogging from here.


I'm confident the Lord is sovereign and in control and that He is the one who will bring about fruit in the ministry Hes called me too (Ephesians 2:10 rings as true today as it did when I first read it 8 years ago). So why don't I sleep? Because these kids are my flock, my responsibility to watch over and care for and chase the wolves and bears away. Because I am convinced that when I sin, it affects them. Because I love them so much it kills me when they are led astray or do something stupid. So what to do?

- Be more satisfied in God - have a joy like Jesus' (John 15:11) that shows!
- Remember that the hardest part of my job is remembering it's not my job (my friend, brother, partner in crime Jon Brewin told me that 3 years ago and I can't shake it cause he's right)
- Remain in Him
- Trust Him
- Pursue kids and show them love, even when they don't deserve it or show me love
- Pray and pray and pray

Ahhh, Philippians 4:7..

Wayne
James 1:22

No comments: