Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Man Tour

Incredible. I've never been a part of an event/camp where I was more aware of people praying for us and for me. I don't really understand prayer, I must admit, but I love it, and I know that God hears the prayers of His people. So, if you prayed for us/me, thank you so much.

There were so many great things and I could talk or write about it for days, but here are a few quick hits:
- Sam, a dude I've gotten to know thru Young Life, was great to get to know better and see grow in Jesus
- Brenner, a 7th grader from across the street from me, came and I saw him grow and connect with Jesus and some of our dudes
- The hike was awesome - 8ish miles of beautiful woods and waterfalls and views
- Wrestle Mania
- Wartching Chip and Dave lead as dads; such Christ-like servants who did anything that was needed, never looking for praise or thanks but just glad to be there
- Hutch is an incredible communicator, teacher, and example of Christ. He's a brother and partner in crime that I will hopefully know and serve with for life
- Ace is about as good a friend as I could ever hope for, and to have that kind of friend as a co-leader is such a blessing. The boys went crazy with excitement when they found that he was going to go with them to the water park - I can't describe what that feels like to me to have a leader like that
- I love skiing and Massanutten was way better than I expected
- God is active in our dudes and it's a privilege to be allowed to be a part of that

Much love
Wayne
James 1:22

No comments: